1. Some schmuck counts hawks there and submits data to HMANA
2. It started today!
3. “Valley” is a pretty imaginative description, meant to conjure up a dramatic natural landscape as I’m trying to ignore the crack deals going on down the street
4. Probably will never have consistent enough coverage to generate any decent trend analysis
5. Admission is free!
6. Consistently produces some of the lowest ranking totals of HMANA counts; I think maybe it beats some poor North Carolina site in the spring
7. Swamp Lair smoked the whole Belmont Valley broadwing season in a few half ass hours last fall
8. Has some of the highest unidentified raptor percentages of HMANA count sites, which I like to attribute to careful observation and high, dispersed flights (sling it at me boys!)
9. Probably most interesting for numbers of migrating black vultures, which I’m too lazy to record
And number 10 …
One day a wood stork will fly over